Find Peace in The Last House on The Bluff
101 Grove Lane, Capitola
Whether you’re coming home from work to enjoy family time, spending a long lazy weekend at the beach, or retiring to that dream home you’ve always wanted, the last house on the bluff is your escape from the world. Unlike most homes in the area, the last house on the bluff enjoys a semi-private drive so there is little or no traffic. Once here, you can shed the trappings of the day-to-day and live in peace with the soothing sound of the ocean echoing in your ears. It is not uncommon to see whales, dolphins, seals, and sea otters from the vantage point of your spacious patio. During the fall, the Monarch butterflies will often occupy the mature trees behind Grove Lane, which can be quite mesmerizing. If that were not enough, you’ll have a 180º view that stretches from the beach in front of you, all the way to Pacific Grove and Pebble Beach. The sunrise over Monterey Bay is spectacular! Close proximity to the beach gives you your opportunity to enjoy surfing, paddle boarding, kayaking, and other water sports that are all easily attainable. Or, you can just stroll down to the beach and take delight in the sun and sand. At the end of your day, savor an outdoor barbecue as you watch the evening sky darken and the lights of Monterey Peninsula wink at you from across The Bay. This could be your day, every day, here at the last house on the Capitola Bluff! The choice is entirely yours to make!
At a glance:
- Home Size: approximately 3,021 square feet of living space.
- Lot Size: approximately 20,430 square feet.
- 4 bedrooms.
- 4 full bathrooms.
- Front, cozy den with a wood burning fireplace.
- Family room with a gas-insert fireplace.
- Dining room with built-in window seating.
- Naturally lit kitchen.
- Peaceful solarium with magnificent ocean views.
- Expansive deck & patio with an Artist’s Studio offering electricity and a fabulous view.
- 2-Car Garage.
- Completely remodeled in 2007 by Robert Mahrer of RMGC, Inc. in Santa Cruz.
- Modern beach cottage exterior that harmonizes with the natural environment of the neighborhood.
- Access to your Capitola Beach Home is easy, through a private lockable gate and path or via the garage.
- Located on a semi-private drive surrounded by mature trees and foliage that provide privacy from the few surrounding homes.
- Entry opens into a cozy den with a wood-burning fireplace and brick inlay flooring.
- A gorgeous stairway with Brazilian Cherry “Jatoba” wood railing and Douglas fir panels, giving access to a master suite and an additional bedroom with private en suite bathroom.
- Moving to the left of the hallway is a full guest bath and a separate guest bedroom.
- Another spacious guest bedroom with an en suite, private bath adorned with a sunken tub and a beautiful leaded glass window to your right.
- Walk through the front door with stained glass detail and through the den to enter a spacious family room with a gas-insert fireplace and a gorgeous stone mantle.
- As you move through the family room you will notice the fully enclosed solarium with expansive views of Monterey Bay. What a perfect place to read a book or enjoy your coffee—especially on a chilly day!
- Directly in front of you is the dining area with coved ceilings, built-in window seating, and an even more spectacular view of The Bay.
- To your left is an open and well-appointed kitchen offering granite counter tops, a brand new microwave, and plenty of space for preparing wonderful meals for your family and friends.
- Ascending the stairs will bring you to a landing with the master suite on the right. The master suite has its own tiled, rooftop patio for gazing at the ocean when you just want to have a moment to yourself.
- In front of you there is a linen closet.
- To your left is the fourth bedroom with an en suite full bathroom.
- Gazebo with a dual hammock for relaxing or napping.
- Expansive deck and patio area with 180º views of Monterey Bay.
- Artist’s studio with electricity.
- Relaxing hot tub overlooking the ocean.
- Low maintenance landscaping with drought-tolerant plants.